For this recipe you will need special tooling. You will need a pastry bag as well as a doughnut pan and a stand mixer.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Rub butter into doughnut pan wells
- Ensure ingredients are all at room temperature before begining
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 C)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teas. baking powder
- 1/4 teas baking soda
- 1/8 teas. nutmeg
- 3/4 teas salt
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/4 light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teas. vanilla extract
- 1 C milk
- In medium bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer with the paddle attachment beat butter and sugars on high until light and fluffy, around 3 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to medium add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined, scrap bowl. Reduce speed to low add half the flour alternating with half the milk. Batter will be very smooth and thick.
- Transfer batter to pastry bag and snip 1/2 inch hole in corner of bag. (If you are using ziploc bags as your pastry bag, ensure bag is not pleated). Pipe mixture evenly between pans, this recipe will use two pans (half the recipe if you only have one pan). Bang pans on counter to bring air bubbles out.
- Bake doughnuts until tops lightly spring back around 14 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely.
For the glaze mix 1 C powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons milk. Dipped cooled doughnuts into glaze. Place back on cooling rack to drip dry. YUM!